A treatment that is similar to a foot massage, but works on pressure points on the feet that are related to organs in the body. Reflexology is a very effective and calming treatment that can ease a number of ailments like IBS, migraines, back ache, PMS, shorten labour, ease labour pains, help you sleep and many more.
She is specialised in reflexology for fertility, labour, the postnatal period, stress and cancer care.
During pregnancy, the body will go through significant changes which often affect the emotional, hormonal and physiological balance of your body. Reflexology and massage can help alleviate or prevent discomfort arising from this imbalance and restore the body’s equilibrium. Through my extensive work with pregnant women, over these 10 years, I have found that labour can be shortened with regular reflexology and massage. I also specialise in fertility reflexology and intensive labour inducing techniques, touching on diet, exercise and lifestyle.
- Tranquil relaxation and reduce stress.
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation which can reduce swelling.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Improves outcome of labour and eases labour pain.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues.
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering